Evaluation of yield and its components for some flax genotypes
- Authors: Omar T.A.1
- Field Crops Research Institute
- Issue: Vol 15, No 3 (2020)
- Pages: 272-280
- Section: Genetics and plant breeding
- URL: https://agrojournal.rudn.ru/agronomy/article/view/19586
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-797X-2020-15-3-272-280
Sixteen flax ( Linum usitatissimum L.) genotypes were evaluated at Gemmeiza Agricultural Research Station, Agricultural Research Center, El-Gharbia Governorate, Egypt during the two successive seasons 2015/2016 and 2016/2017. Randomized complete block design with three replications was used. Phenotypic and genotypic coefficients of variation for all studied traits had closely values. High heritability coupled with high genetic advance (as % of mean) for most studied traits. Plant height, technical length and stem diameter were the best selection indices to improve straw yield /plant, along with number of branches, capsules and seeds were effective selection criteria for improving seed yield /plant as proven by phenotypic and genotypic correlation
About the authors
Taha Ahmed OmarField Crops Research Institute
Agricultural Research Center, Fiber Crops Research Department 9 Gamaa st., Giza, 12619, Egypt
- Mourad NKM, Mostafa SHA, Zahana AEA. Yield components, quality and variabity assessment of some flax genotypes. Egypt J plant Breed. 2003; 7(2):129-142.
- Abd El-Daiem MAM, El-Borhamy AMA. Effect of nitrogen, phosphor and potassium fertilization on yield of flax and quality under sandy soils. J Plant Production. 2015; 6(6):1063-1075. doi: 10.21608/jpp.2015.49830
- Al-Sadek MSA, Abd El-Haleem RA, Abo-Kaied HMH. Evaluation of yield and its components for sixteen flax genotypes under normal and sandy soil conditions. J Plant Production. 2015; 6(7):1217-1230. doi: 10.21608/jpp.2015.51235
- El-Borhamy AMA, Mohamed ENM, Abd Al-Sadek MS. Comparison of yield, its components and chemical composition of some flax genotypes. J Plant Production. 2017; 8(1):13-17. doi: 10.21608/jpp.2017.37462
- Maurya AC, Raghuveer M, Goswami G, Kumar S. Influences of date of sowing on yield attributes and yield of linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.) varieties under dryland condition in Eastern Uttar Pradesh. Int J Curr Microbiol App Sci. 2017; 6(7): 481-487. doi: 10.20546/ijcmas.2017.607.057
- Abd El-Haleem RA, Abd Al-Sadek MS, Abo-Kaied HMH. Genotype x environment interaction and stability analyses for yield and yield components in ten flax genotypes. Annals of Agric Sci Moshtohor. 2016; 54(3):581-590.
- Abo El-Komsan SM, Abd Al-Sadek MS, Abd El-Haleem RA. Study of some flax characters, genetic stability and their relation to yield. J Plant Production. 2017; 8(2):181-186. doi: 10.21608/jpp.2017.39604
- AOAC. Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Washington, DC, USA: Association of Official Analytical Chemists; 1995.
- Gomez KA, Gomez AA. Statistical procedures for agricultural research. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1984.
- Burton GW, DeVane EH. Estimating heritability in all fescue (Festuca arundinacea) from replicated clonal material. Agron J. 1953; 45(10):478-481. doi: 10.2134/agronj1953.00021962004500100005x
- Hansen CH, Robinson HF, Comstock RE. Biometrical studies of yield in segregating populations of Korean lespedeza. Agronomy J. 1956; 48(6): 268-272. doi: 10.2134/agronj1956.00021962004800060008x
- Johnson HW, Robinson HF, Comstock RE. Estimates of genetic and environmental variability in soybeans. Agron J. 1955; 47(7):314-318. doi: 10.2134/agronj1955.00021962004700070009x
- Weber CR, Moorthy BR. Heritable and non-heritable relationship and variability of oil content and agronomic traits in the F2 generations of soybean crosses. Agron J. 1952; 44:202-209.
- El-Shimy GH, Abd El-Dayem MA, Amany-El-Refaie MM. Estimation some genetic parameters and trait correlations in some flax genotypes. Egypt. J. Agric. Res. 2007; 85(5): 1785-1800.
- El-Borhamy AMA. Effect of seeding rates and nitrogen fertilizer levels on yield and yield components of two new flax cultivars. J Agric Res Kafr El-Sheikh Univ. 2016; 42(2): 183-195. doi: 10.21608/jsas.2016.2884
- Abo-Marzoka EA, El-Borhamy AMA. Response of flax plant to folair spray by urea and some of micronutrients mixture under different nitrogen levels. Alex J Agric Sci. 2018; 63(4):251-261.
- Abo-Kaied HMH. Phenotypic, genotypic variances, heritability and expected genetic advance of yield and its components in F3 and F4 generations of some flax hybrids. J Agric Sci Mansoura Univ. 2003; 28(9):6582-6594.
- Zahana Afaf EA, Abo-Kaied HMH. Straw and seed yields improvement in flax via selection for some yield components in early generations of some flax hybrids. J. Agric. Sci. Mansoura Univ. 2007; 32(2): 831-843.
- Amany-El-Refaie MM, Omar TA, Abo-Kaied HMH. Line x tester analyses for yield and its components in some flax genotypes under sandy soil conditions. Egypt. J. of Appl. Sci. 2011; 26(9): 570-586.
- Amany-El-Refaie MM, Omar TA. Flax lines improvement via independent culling levels selection (ICL) Methods under Sandy soil conditions. Egypt. J. Appl. Sci. 2012; 27(5): 271-285.