INFLUENCE OF TRANSGENESIS ON INCUBATION QUALITY OF CHICKEN EGGS
- Authors: Vetokh AN1,2, Nikishov AA2, Volkova NA1
- L.K. Ernst Institute of animal husbandry
- RUDN University (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia)
- Issue: Vol 12, No 3 (2017)
- Pages: 237-242
- Section: Morphology and ontogenesis of animals
- URL: https://agrojournal.rudn.ru/agronomy/article/view/17106
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-797X-2017-12-3-237-242
The aim of this work was to study effect of integration and expression of recombinant DNA on the morphometric characteristics and incubation qualities of transgenic chicken eggs. Hens were obtained using lentiviral vector, which ensures the constitutive expression of the recombinant product in the cells of the oviduct protein part. Transgenic chickens have been created on the basis of Hisex White cross chickens. Eggs were selected in the study the shelf life of which did not exceed two days from the time of egglaying for more accurate data. The egg shape index, the total weight of the egg and the weight of its components - yolk and dense protein, the thickness of the shell, the large and small diameter of the dense protein, the diameter of the yolk, and the height of the protein and yolk were studied to assess the morpho-metric parameters of eggs. The calculation formulas for obtaining data by units of Hau, protein index and yolk index were used to assess the quality of protein and yolk. A veracious increase in the diameter and mass of yolk in egg from transgenic hens as compared to the control was established. It amounted to 13.6% and 28.9%, respectively. This may be due to a change in the composition of eggs, which is due to the expression of additional (recombinant) protein in the egg. The fertilization index of transgenic chickens eggs in com-parison with the control was studied. Decrease in egg fertilization by 12% was observed in transgenic hens compared to control. This may be due to the influence of integrated genes on the development of embryos. Differences in the death of embryos during the incubation period were noted. In transgenic chickens, it oc-curred on earlier critical for the development of the embryo stages.
About the authors
A N VetokhL.K. Ernst Institute of animal husbandry; RUDN University (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia)
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dubrovitsy, Podolsk District, Moscow Region, 142132; Miklukho-Maklaya st., 6, Moscow, Russia, 117198
A A NikishovRUDN University (Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia)
Miklukho-Maklaya st., 6, Moscow, Russia, 117198
N A VolkovaL.K. Ernst Institute of animal husbandry
Dubrovitsy, Podolsk District, Moscow Region, 142132
- ОСТ 10 321-2003 «Яйца куриные инкубационные. Технические условия» / Минсельхоз России, 2003.
- Дядичкина Л.Ф. Качество яиц - залог успешной инкубации. Электронная статья на www.webpticeprom.ru.
- Кочиш И.И., Петраш М.Г., Смирнов С.Б. Птицеводство. М.: Колос, 2004.
- Куликов Л.В. Практикум по птицеводству. Изд. 2-е, доп. М.: Изд-во РУДН, 2002.