Influence of basic soil tillage methods on fresh yield and quality of winter rape cultivars
- Authors: Gadzhikurbanov A.S.1
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
- Issue: Vol 15, No 4 (2020)
- Pages: 335-342
- Section: Crop production
- URL: https://agrojournal.rudn.ru/agronomy/article/view/19601
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-797X-2020-15-4-335-342
The development of rational system of basic soil tillage results in formation of sufficiently high crop yields. A two-factor field experiment was carried out to address these issues when cultivating winter rape cultivars on light chestnut soils of the Primorsko-Caspian sub-province of the Republic of Dagestan. VEM (standard), Elvis and Meteor winter rape cultivars were studied in the experiment. The following methods of soil tillage were studied: real tillage (control), subsoil tillage. The research revealed that there was no significant difference in agrophysical indicators between the soil cultivation variants. Data on weed infestation of winter rape fields showed that the number of weeds and their weight increased significantly after subsoil tillage. At the budding stage, the number of weeds increased 2.1-fold compared to the control (real tillage), and the weight of weeds increased 1.88-fold. During flowering stage, these indicators were 2.2 times higher. The maximum yield in all variants of the experiment was formed by Elvis cultivar - 44.9 and 41.4 t/ha, respectively, which is more than VEM (standard) and Meteor cultivars by 20.4 t/ha (7.9 %) and 20.0 t/ha (8.7 %), respectively. The yield of Meteor cultivar in these variants was also high and amounted to 41.6 and 38.1 t/ha, respectively, which was higher by 11.5 and 10.4 % compared with the standard. The greatest increase in the fresh yield was provided by real tillage. On average, the yield increased by 8.7 % for varieties in comparison with subsoil cultivation. Elvis cultivar formed the best quality indicators, followed by Meteor cultivar.
About the authors
Anvar Sh. GadzhikurbanovPeoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN University)
Author for correspondence.
Senior Lecturer, Agroengineering Department, Agrarian and Technological Institute6, Miklukho-Maklaya st., Moscow, 117198, Russian Federation
- Kantsaliev VT. Soil tillage and harvest of green mass. Kukuruza i sorgo. 1994; (2):3—4. (In Russ).
- Kafarena VI, Sosnin AN, Sergeeva NG. Factors of intensification in the Volga region. Zernovoe khozyaistvo. 1991; 21—23. (In Russ).
- Parshikov VV, Sychevsky ME, Pichugin AM. Soil protection cultivation in the Prysyvashshia. Zemledelie. 1992; (11-12):19—21. (In Russ).
- Pilyuk YE, Pikun OA, Zelenyak VV. Tekhnologiya vozdelyvaniya sortov ozimogo i yarovogo rapsa kachestva «kanola» na maslo-semena: rekomendatsii [Technology of cultivation of oil varieties of winter and spring rapeseed of quality “canola”: recommendations]. Zhodino; 2010. (In Russ).
- Primenenie kompleksnykh azotno-fosforno-kaliinykh udobrenii pod ozimyi raps: rekomendatsii [Application of complex nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium fertilizers for winter rapeseed: recommendations]. Minsk: Institute of Soil Science and Agrochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus; 2006. (In Russ).
- Lapa VV. (ed.) Spravochnik agrokhimika [Handbook of agrochemist]. Minsk: Belorus. nauka Publ.; 2007. (In Russ).
- Kashtanov AN. Modern problems of arid agriculture in Russia. In: Zvolinskii VP, Khomyakov DM. (eds.) Povyshenie produktivnosti i okhrana aridnykh landshaftov [Increase of productivity and protection of arid landscapes]. Moscow: Moscow State University; 1999. p.8—11. (In Russ).
- Kireev AK. Phytosanitary role of the main soil tillage. Zemledelie. 2000; (5):20—21. (In Russ).
- Ladonin VF, Lerinets FA, Kramarev SM. Soil cultivation in the northern steppe of Ukraine. Zemledelie. 1997; (3):21—23. (In Russ).
- Nikitin YA, Ormandzhi KS, Burchenko PN. Intensivnaya tekhnologiya proizvodstva ozimoi pshenitsy [Intensive technology for production of winter wheat]. Moscow: Rosselkhozizdat Publ., 1988. (In Russ).
- Farrow B, Sharma S, Jones JW, Lofton J, Post A, Warren JG. Residue Management Impacts on Winter Canola in the Southern Great Plains. Crop, Forage and Turfgrass Management. 2019; 5(1):1—6. doi: 10.2134/ cftm2019.01.0007
- Magomedov NR, Mazhidov SM, Suleymanov DY. Influence of forecrops and methods of basic tillage on yield of winter rapeseed in the Tersko-Sulak sub-province of Dagestan. Problemy razvitiya APK regiona. 2012; (1):30—32. (In Russ).
- Kerimkhanov SU. Pochvy Dagestana [Soils in Dagestan]. Makhachkala; 1976. (In Russ).
- Dospekhov BA. Metodika polevogo opyta [Field experiment technique]. Moscow: Agropromizdat Publ.; 1985. (In Russ).
- Puponin AI. Zemledelie [Agriculture]. Moscow: Kolos Publ., 2000. (In Russ).