Utilization of method CASA for evaluation of quality of semen in bulls-producers
- Authors: Tadzhieva AV1, Sulima NN2
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia
- All-Russian Research Institute for Animal Breeding
- Issue: No 4 (2015)
- Pages: 89-93
- Section: Articles
- URL: https://agrojournal.rudn.ru/agronomy/article/view/1515
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.22363/2312-797X-2015-4-89-93
The quality of semen sires significantly affect the results of artificial insemination of dairy cows. Indicators determining the biological value of sperm are sperm morphology and the state of the hereditary material in chromatin. It is revealed that depending on the degree of fragmentation of DNA in the chromatin of sperm, there are groups with a high degree of fragmentation is over 30%, the average from 10.01% to 30%, moderate 5,01% to 10.0% and the minimum is less than 5.0%.
About the authors
A V TadzhievaPeoples’ Friendship University of Russia
Author for correspondence.
Department of public health and hygiene
N N SulimaAll-Russian Research Institute for Animal Breeding